Has he already won? Trump in Iowa

In the beginning, the political establishment elites wrote him off as a joke candidate. He hired actors to fill out the crowd at his announcement. But something happened when Donald Trump started talking- America started listening.

But now they talk about him with a certain inevitability. A resignating acceptance that he’s the one the people want.

“The folks in Iowa have been amazing to me. They’ve been amazing. I’m even leading in all of the polls in Iowa now,” Trump told a crowded school gymnasium holding 2,000. “Some big ones are coming out I guess — but they don’t even matter anymore, to be honest, because we’re so close to the end, what difference does it make.”  Gratitude is a new look for Trump, a man for self-promotion and ego. In his campaign stops, Trump has been downplaying the significance of the polls. Even though he follows them very closely.

“We can’t really talk about polls now, we have to just sort of wait and see what happens, right?” Trump said.  His campaign spokespeople often downplay the importance of polls, and discount the opinions of those who say he hasn’t invested enough in the local ground game to get the voters out.

Those would be the same people who said he was a joke all those months ago.

While it may seem cliche, it really does matter how many people show up to vote for Trump.  In the Iowa caucus, people literally do stand in your corner.

“A lot of people have laughed at me over the years,” Trump said Friday at the end of a speech in New Hampshire, which will host the country’s next nominating contest and where Trump leads by double-digits. “Now they’re not laughing so much, I’ll tell you.”

Categories: News

10 Comments

1. Shirley Adkisson

Do you need an ID in Iowa to vote?? They are talking voter fraud in some of these other states, so was just wondering!!

2. Yes that’s right God Bless America, wake up before its too late. Trump is God’s gift to America, we should embrace him both arms and fight with him, for he love America so much to be sacrificing this much. Trump Trump Trump all the way to the White House, Americans should wake up and unite especially the military, the law enforcement officers, all colors, freedom loving americans but most of all , most of all MOST OF ALL WHITES, white women otherwise, you are doomed. Just saying. Hope not, God will prevail. I will believe good will always prevail.

3. Obama, Tony,? did anyone think he would be pres..? YES I DID …U KNOW WHEN ? WHEN I HEARD HIM SPEAK AT THE DEM CONVENTION – I THINK IT WAS 2 YRS BEFORE RAN ? HE WAS A SEN. ( I USE THE TERM LOOSELY) I SAID AT THE TIME “I HOPE HE NEVER RUNS FOR PRES – BECAUSE HE WILL WIN …THAT’S WHEN I STARTED TO DIG OUT EVERY THING I COULD FIND ON HIM …………….AND NOTHING I FOUND WAS GOOD ………- HOWEVER, NO ONE WOULD BELIEVE ME ………….UNTIL NOW .

4. We’re All Standing Hard, Strong & Tall & Our Efforts Will Prevail @ the End of Our Journey on the TRUMP TRAIN, The Trump Train will Not Allow ANYTHING to INTERUPT His CAMPAIGN; FURTHEMORE the Rain, Snow or any other Obstacle Will Slow HIM DOWN*********TRUMP 2016!!!

5. Anytime I hear a talking head say that the election is a done deal and so and so has it in the bag, I get very skeptical. Yes, #DonaldTrump’s numbers are fantastic but did anyone take obama seriously at first? Not one talking head predicted that outcome before Iowa so let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Have people be watching the weather? It is snowing a blizzard from CA to Michigan. How will this affect turnout in Iowa? Who will brave the storm to go and caucus. Only the most dedicated and brave will venture out. It sure favors Sanders on the other side. Will it favor Donald Trump? Are we as dedicated as I believe we are? We will know in about 24 hours.

• Carol & Hilding Ellingson

It doesn’t matter what the weather is here because we vote by mail. That’s what some of us OLD folks do. WE VOTE FOR TRUMP!!

• The storm isn’t supposed to hit until late tomorrow night … everyone should be home safely by then. We NEED IOWANS to get out and Caucus for Trump. The only ones affected will be the pundits and “news media” … yeah right, they’re ALL bought and paid for, INCLUDING FOX … hope they’re stuck in Iowa a long time … maybe until after the November election!!!

• In that case, I hope they shut the airports down, right after @DonaldTrump takes-off for his event in New Hampshire. It would be sad to stick Iowans with the reporters for the winter though. You can’t even burn them to keep warm.

6. People of Iowa, my feeling is that if we don’t vote for Mr. Trump, the Country will fall in the Administration of a Communist. I’m sorry, I don’t mean to hurt anyone, I’m speaking just like Mr. Trump, what I believe. Wait and see…. And we still believe on Freedom of Speech, right? So I guess we can still write and talk what we feel and believe.
    May God bless America!